- Gail Collins: Asked about his preferences when it came to heroines of low-end reality TV shows, [Romney] enthusiastically announced: “I’m kind of a Snooki fan. Look how tiny she’s gotten. She’s lost weight and she’s energetic. I mean, just her sparkplug personality is kind of fun.”...it’s weird that Mitt Romney appears to think a lot about Snooki. Is it possible that while he’s being dragged around from one fund-raiser to the next, he spends his spare time watching “Jersey Shore” reruns in the limo? That would explain so much.
- Nicholas Kristof: Another illustration of radicalizing self-delusion comes when the son of a governor and corporate chief executive says that “everything that Ann and I have, we earned the old-fashioned way, and that’s by hard work.” Romney has proved himself right: We manifestly do have a problem with people who see themselves as victims even as they benefit from loopholes in the tax code. One is running for president.
- Brad DeLong: MITT ROMNEY'S NATIONAL CAMPAIGN CO-CHAIR TIM PAWLENTY QUITS - With six weeks to go in the campaign, Tim Pawlenty has had enough of Mitt Romney, and is sending a very big and public message of no confidence... Vitus: No confidence or Incompetence?
- The Hill: Newt Gingrich's campaign confirmed to The Hill on Wednesday that the former House Speaker will formally exit the race next week.
- The Nation: Does Mitt Romney Even Want to Be President? [E]ven if he’s sputtering out now, Mitt nevertheless has the best of both worlds: he has vindicated his father before the people who count, and he wouldn’t have to actually govern. He can avoid the years of “gaffes” and words “not elegantly stated” and “you people” prying into his finances that his presidency would surely entail. And as Michelle Obama said: the office doesn’t change who you are, it reveals who you are. Vitus: Another thought: He's getting back at the Tea's: He's throwing the game on purpose.
Welcome to the Vitus Capital Blog!
Notes to myself, possibly of interest to others.
-- Bill Northlich
Thursday, September 20, 2012
Quotes of the day, plus Humor!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment