- A more quiet start to the day; equities are turning in a mixed performance; the markets are going into the weekend with a view that European officials will find a way to agree for more money for Greece
- Housing starts are still 3.4% below the anaemic year-ago levels
- Jobless claims still troublesome: The big picture is that claims have now exceeded 400k for 10 weeks in a row and the four-week moving average is stuck at 425k
- The Philly Fed index at -7.7 along with the similar -7.8 print on the NY Empire, is consistent with a 47 reading on ISM — not exactly constructive for the once-hot industrial sector
- The U.S. consumer is sputtering
Welcome to the Vitus Capital Blog!
Notes to myself, possibly of interest to others.
-- Bill Northlich
Friday, June 17, 2011
Rosenberg Daily Soundbites
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment